India Republic Day 2016 Celebration 26th January, 2016, New Delhi Parade information has been available here. India got independence on 15 August 1947, after which the process of preparing a constitution was started. The Constitution was passed on 26 November 1949 in the Constituent Assembly. It was adopted on 26 January 1950 with a democratic government system, when the country became a republic in true sense.
India celebrates its Republic Day in colourful and exciting ways. To mark Republic Day in a memorable and significant way, every year in New Delhi, capital of India, a grand parade is held that starts from the Raisina Hill in the neighborhood of the majestic Rashtrapati Bhawan and passes along the Rajpath thus ending at India Gate.
You can watch 67th Republic Day Celebrations on 26th January 2016, New Delhi, India and Flag Hoisting Ceremony by Hon’ble President of India Followed by Republic Day Parade on 26th Jan 2016 on its official website http://republicday.nic.in/.
Previous Republic Day Chief Guests:
• 2016 – Francois Hollande (President, French)
• 2015 – Barack Obama (President, US)
• 2014 – Shinzo Abe (Prime Minister, Japan)
• 2013 – Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck (King, Bhutan)
• 2012 – Yingluck Shinawatra (Prime minister, Thailand)
• 2011 – Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (President, Indonesia)
• 2010 – Lee Myung Bak (President, Republic of Korea)
• 2009 – Nursultan Nazarbayev (President, Kazakhistan)
• 2008 – Nicolas Sarkozy (President, France)
• 2007 – Vladimir Putin (President, Russia)
• 2006 – Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud (King, Saudi Arabia)
• 2005 – Jigme Singye Wangchuck (King, Bhutan)
On this day gallantry awards like Param Veer Chakra, Veer Chakra and Maha Veer Chakra are given to the people from the armed forces and also civilians are given award for their acts of bravery.
Not only in New Delhi, but other states also celebrate Republic Day with great enthusiasm and in numerous innovative ways. The Republic Day 2013 will be observed on Saturday (26 January) and the public offices and schools will remain closed to celebrate the significance of the day.
Indians love a good party, so many people and housing societies organize individual celebrations. These often consist of fairs and talent contests. Patriotic songs are played through loud speakers all day.
We hope that given information on India Republic Day 2016 Celebration 26th January, 2016, New Delhi Parade will be useful to you. Let’s share this article on social media sites like Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter and others.